Seeing a New Perspective
In our lives, we are often generated to see things through only one perspective. However, how do we close the vision that we hold and process another? I have always wondered this because I feel as though some people have become so stubborn to seeing the other side. Now, I am not saying you have to agree with this "other side," but it is all human decency to pay attention and respect another person's perspective. For example, when talking about political issues, I am automatically assumed to lean towards a certain side because of where I am from, but this is not the case. Ever since I have allowed myself to become educated on politics, I have learned to also listen to other people's thoughts, as well. This is not to start an argument or cause tension, but so we can learn form each other through a new vision. To me, it's like math. When I ask you what is 8 + 7? 15, but how did you get that? Did you learn to take 2 from the 7 and add it to the 8, making it 10 + 5? Did you take the 7, add 3 to make it 10, and then add the remaining 5? Did you think 5 + 5 equals 10, and 3 + 2 also equals 5, leaving me with 15? You see my point now? Whether or not you automatically new that 8 + 7 is 15, there was still a certain way you were taught to do the math in your head. We all learn, memorize, and live life through different lenses. Some prefer music to help them remember speeches, while others use key words or analogies to keep them on track. In life, there is no right or wrong way to see things, and I feel as though we don't often take this into consideration. Most people would say that if someone is blind, they must walk with a cane and glasses, and others could believe that a deaf person must have an interpreter with them at all times. Why though? Why can't we allow people to live their lives happily and freely as they wish? Let me just say this, ever since I have moved to another side of the country, my viewpoints and perspective have changed drastically. I now understand so many more things that I didn't before, and I can honestly say this, I love it. I love that I can be open minded and care for others through their own perspective. You don't love someone based on how your were loved; You love them based on how you want to love them. Everything and every thought in this world comes with a new perspective, and I feel as though sometimes, we need to take off the glasses that have been blinding us from this allowance and respect others for who they truly are.
Comments
Post a Comment