Remembering How You Were Loved First

 I would imagine that it's the moment when your child is in your arms for the first time when your would completely shifts. You look at the person that you grew from a matter of cells and know that you will do anything to care for that child for the rest of their life. This child, this human that you are holding will become your happiness forever. The love that a parent holds for their child is one that can never be compared to any other love in the world, and that love is something that can never be broken nor replaced by anyone or anything. Personally, I do not have a child, so I cannot imagine what it would feel like to be a parent, but I have seen and felt this love from another end. I have felt the love that parent gives to their own child through my mother. In the twenty years that I have been alive, I have seen the sacrifices that a parent makes for their child, and my mother was a prime example of this. She always assured that I was well fed, safe, had a roof over my head, heard, content, and most of all, loved. Even when her energy was not enough to suffice, my mother always put the time and effort in to make sure that I was safe. Even at twenty years old, she still holds me while I cry and makes my mac and cheese to perfection. You see, as a child, our parents never see us grown up. Sure, they watch us move out and begin our lives, but we will always be the baby that the held in their arms the first few minutes that our lives began. I guess you could say that the whole reason I am writing this post is to show that their is someone in this world that loves you with every bone, every blood cell, and every fiber they carry within their own body. I am here to say that this love is something we must all feel and share with other, whether that may be a friend, a lover, another family member, or even a stranger you pass on the street. This world has been filled with so much hate and criticism that I feel we have forgotten the wonders of love. We have forgotten how to love one another fully, and I feel that it all begins with our roots. It begins from the moment we took our very first breath.  So I tell you this, remember the way the person who made you loved you, and take that love with you and run. Take a love and share it with the world because one day, you will receive all of that love that you have ever given into this world. 

Comments